How to perform the exercise
- Holding a battle rope in each hand, bend at the knees and drive the hips back while you maintain a tight core.
- From this squat position, bring the left rope up as you move the right rope down.
- Immediately, bring the right rope up and move the left rope down.
- Keep repeating this alternating motion while remaining in the squat position.
- Battle rope squatting alternating waves is a gym work out exercise that targets abs and quadriceps and shoulders and also involves biceps and glutes & hip flexors and hamstrings and upper back & lower traps. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Barbell push and press, wide stance / sumo barbell squats and standing quadricep stretch are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as battle rope squatting alternating waves. Visit our directory for more exercises.
- Alternating wave
- Jumping Jack
- Reverse lunge with alternating wave
- Grappler throws
- Lateral lunge with double wave