How to perform the exercise
- Stand in front of a sturdy bench, box or other flat non slip surface that’s high enough that you must use that you have to use a lot of effort in order to jump up on top of it.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Bend your knees as if crouching or performing a squat.
- In an explosive movement, push through your feet to jump up onto the landing area.
- Make a soft landing by bending your knees as your feet touch down.You should land on both feet simultaneously.
- Step down and repeat.
- High box jumps is a gym work out exercise that targets glutes & hip flexors and quadriceps and also involves abs and calves. Refer to the illustration and instructions above for how to perform this exercise correctly. Crab walks, dumbbell squat clean and press and stability / swiss / exercise ball squats are related exercise that target the same muscle groups as high box jumps. Visit our directory for more exercises.
- Countermovement Box Jump
- Static Box Jump
- Seated Box Jump
- Weighted Box Jump
- Hurdle Hops to Broad Jump