Single-Leg Extended Arm...Exercise 4Decline Push-upExercise 6
Incline Barbell Bench Press
Exercise / Chest
How to perform the exercise
- Set up an incline bench in front of a weight rack, making sure you adjust the incline to a comfortable position. The back of the bench should be facing the weight stack.
- Sit on the bench placing your back firmly against the backrest.
- Using an overhand grip, grasp the bar with your hands spaced about twice your shoulder width apart.
- Lift the bar from the rack by pushing up with your chest muscles and hold it straight over your chest with your arms fully extended. This is the start position.
- As you inhale, lower the barbell slowly until it touches your upper chest.
- Hold for a count of one while squeezing your chest muscles.
- Return to the start position as you exhale, pushing the bar using your chest muscles. Hold for a count of one.
- If you are new at this exercise, you should use a spotter. If there is no-one available to spot for you, be conservative with the amount of weight you use.
- When performing this exercise, you should use a 2:1:1 count. That is a count of two on the downward movement. A count of one to hold and squeeze.a count of one for the upward movement.
- Your Exercise (Placeholder)
- TRX Suspension Straps Atomic Push-up
- Dynamic Clap Push-up
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
- Wide Arm Chest Stretch / Reverse Butterfly Stretch